in Your Room with AR
Looking for further guidance on how to navigate RAD’s 3D Product Visualizer? Take some of the guesswork out of imagining RAD products in your home, with our View in My Room feature!
3. The 3D Model will then pop up, allowing you to view the product from all angles. To view in your room, click on the icon.
4. You will then be presented with a QR Code. Now, you will use your smartphone camera in order to scan it.
5. Open up the camera app and hold the phone up, as if you were going to take a picture of the QR Code. You will see a link appear at the top of your screen. Tap the link.
6. That link will allow you to select to view the product as a 3D Object (where you can inspect it top to bottom, from every angle) or you may select ‘AR’ which will allow you to place the product in your room!
7. If you select ‘AR’, then you will be prompted to move your smart phone around the room.
8. Then your room will appear in full color, with the product of your choice ready to be placed where you want it! Use your touch screen to adjust where and how big the chandelier will appear. You can also share your new look with your friends by clicking on the icon with an arrow, on the upper righthand side of your screen.
How do I get the product to show up in my room if my phone continues scanning?
Make sure that you are in a well lit and cleared space, focus on scanning the floor from right to left slowly and then moving the object to your desired location after it appears in your room.
Why does it feel like I can’t properly manipulate the product in AR?
Navigating AR for the first time can feel tricky, we recommend moving the product around your room slowly to avoid distorting the scale of the product model. If the product appears too far away or too close and is difficult to manipulate, you can exit out of the AR view and go back in for a fresh start.
Why isn’t the product instantly loading?
We pride ourselves on high quality photo realistic models to give you the best impression of the actual products. More complex fixtures sometimes take a second longer to load. Having a strong internet connection can also help with a speedy load time.
What are the minimum system requirements for using this feature on a mobile device?
This feature is available on both Apple and Android mobile Devices. The minimum requirements are at least iOS 13+, iPadOS 13+ or Android with ARCore 1.9+.